Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 9: Learning Styles - Technology Connections

Near the end of the course and reflecting on how much I've grown, I came to the conclusion that, this course came to me at the right time and in the best of all possible ways, so I'd like to share with your my reflections about this week's topics, activities and results.

This mind refreshing week started reminding me the importance of Learning Styles and how we all are different in many ways, so we learn better with the strategies that relate to our own personal characteristics. We all continue learning and improving step by step but firmly towards our goals.

This week I had the chance to finish my Final Project which was a great experience. I had to make some corrections to the draft I made thanks to the suggestions of my friend SASI RAJ, who  had great insights and observations. I corrected the details mentioned and improved some sections based on what I had learned from checking his project, and I am really thankful with him for that. I feel really confident now more than ever with my own skills and I am hoping to transmit my knowledge to my colleagues and help them empower their skills as well. I have a vision for my country to have this quality of teachers where we all learn and continue growing and  where we can improve our students quality of learning.
Next I was able to read many articles about learning styles and each students personality. This topic which was familiar to me, became much more interesting while discussing with our guest Russell Moon. I remembered many things about learning styles and the ideas started flowing, so it was easier for me to think about the ways to implement technology change activities. I also took a Quiz at Edutopia which gave me a vision of how my learning style differs from the rest, and I was able to determine different steps to follow when I learn in that way. My result said I am a "Verbal Linguistic Learner", so I understood how I can learn in a better way and as a consequence I understand better that my students are affected in the same way and that the approach I choose will benefit or interfere in their learning process.
I saw a video and read an article of the very popular and most noticed English teaching program called "Shaping the Way we Teach". This video really started a particular interest in me and I wanted to learn much more so I joined this course at Coursera, where I'm going to be able to continue improving professionally and technically.

Finally I reflected on the result and really recognize the value of learning styles and following our students steps to understand better how they could learn better and define the best way to make them interact with technology and really focus on the purpose of each tool.

So thanks again for everything, all the knowledge and the experience. I am proud to be part of this group and feel happy to have met so many nice people and excellent professionals.

Have A Great Week!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Sergio,

    I just wanted to thank you for cooperation and feedback throughout the course!

    Thanks a lot colleague!

    All the best,
    Zulyar Kavashev
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete