Sunday, October 19, 2014

Web Searching and Writing Objectives

This experience is helping me develop my planning and organization skills throughout this teaching process.

First when I started to check the Web Searching readings and all the options I have for getting more effective hits and results. I found very useful tips not only in the readings but also in the posts my classmates shared. I feel there are so many tools out there and we just need to learn how to use them properly in order to satisfy our goals. Personally I liked "Intute" because it gave me better results and I found more accurate hits to what I was searching for. I also understand now that you need to identify the exact terms of my search and to be more specific with the  way I type in the words I want to find. Every topic has a better and more accurate search engine which can be helpful in more than one way.

Then at first I felt a little confused while I was reading and learning about the objectives. I didn't understand very well the difference between the "ABCD method" and my old method. But now I see that using it like they are teaching us gives me a clearer perspective of what the students and I really need. I  have learned that the objectives and planning of each class is absolutely important for this teaching process due to the high complexity we can often transmit to the students without getting good results.

This has been a hard week, especially because of the time factor which in my case turned out to be hectic. But overall I have learned many important new things and I feel happier than ever for my accomplishments.  

If this is the way I'm going to feel every week, I'm sure I am going to love this course.

Greetings from Bolivia.


No comments:

Post a Comment