Friday, October 24, 2014


WEEK 3 - Skill-building Websites for Oral/Aural Skills and Saving Bookmarks with Delicious.

An eyeopening week, full of new information and resources. Finding a new way to apply internet use in education.

This week I found myself excited with the whole contents. Because I realized how easy it is to find, use and apply interactive web-skills. The first part of the week where I was able to create my "Delicious" at https://delicious.com/sergioces gave me the knowledge to understand how to take my preferred websites everywhere I go and not only that, I can also see the delicious sites of my mates and learn from their comments and tags. This part was especially interesting for me because of all the content I found and the sites I realized existed.

Then I also had the chance to read about other past participants' projects, which were really interesting and gave me a better idea of how my own project can be. I really liked the fact that all these techniques are creating a very good response in the students of the teachers who have applied them and at the end of the day, that's what we all look for with these courses.

Finding new websites thanks to http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2008/03/31/the-best-websites-for-learning-english-pronunciation/ was a really motivating experience for me.

I learned many new things and techniques that my students can use to improve their skills without forgetting about integrating them functionally. my favorite site was http://es.englishcentral.com/ academic because I got a glance of a new method in which the students interact in the web and continue building knowledge this way. It's fun, it's interesting, it's relaxing I think this website illustrates the kind of technology I want to implement in my classrooms.

Overall my week was great! How about yours?

Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Sergio!

    Your post is great and I agree with all the points you mentioned.I also came across lots of resources and information just as you did this week! All the readings, websites, Delicious and sample projects are very interesting. They help us broaden our knowledege and reach our goal which is to implement technology in class as a tool to conduct teaching and help students learn more independently.

    Hope you'll feel the same excitement for the other coming weeks.

    Cheers!
    Ravaka from Madagascar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Ravaka. I think we are going to have a great experience too and I was wondering: Which do you think is going to be your biggest challenge while incorporating these techniques in your classroom?
      I'd like yo hear your thoughts on this.
      Kind Regards.

      Delete
  2. Dear Sergio,

    I really like the incorporation of pictures into a blog post. I haven't had time to try out different tools and blogging in general yet!

    Regards,

    Krenare


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krenare. I think it's an effort worth its value 10 times, because you learn these new ways of using web tools and you are able to put yourself in the position of the students. So you learn exactly the same way your students will in the moment you apply it with them.
      How do you think your students will react to these new techniques?
      Regards.

      Delete