Friday, October 31, 2014

READING AND WRITING, AND TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LESSON PLANS

WEEK 4: Skill-building Websites for Reading/Writing Skills and Technology-enhanced Lesson Plans.

All the work done this week really paid off. I had the opportunity to learn about resources, technology enhanced lesson plans, new websites and issues to address in class.


I started the week reading the material about process writing which really helped me understand the right approach to writing and the way I should use different techniques in order to receive better results from my students. This really paid off in class because I tried it and I noticed the difference.

I then went on to check the websites for enhancing reading, writing and vocabulary and I ran into a couple of pages which were really interesting and fun. I believe, if correctly applied, they can be very interesting tools for learners development.


I especially liked the website "Devolver Moviemaker"  which you can find at (http://www.dfilm.com/moviemaker/make.html). This site offers students the chance to practice writing and grammar in a creative way, by making a movie with their own words. You even get to choose the characters' appearance, they backgrounds, the music and most importantly the lines of the characters. So you are able to create dialogues among them. A really nice tool to apply in classroom use and give tasks.

Creating the lesson was familiar, surprising and satisfying for me, because I realized even though I was one of the few teachers in my school who prepared lessons actively, I still have some flaws and I still have a lot to learn. Which is gratifying because that's why I intended to take this course. So at the end I think my lesson plan was good and most of all I liked the fact that we are focusing on solving an issue through technology enhanced tools and resources.

Finally I came upon describing my classroom and mentioning an issue
from: www.clipartpanda.com
which can be solved with the use of technology. This part was eye opening for me due to the fact that I hadn't really analyzed my class in this way for a long time. And it helped me realize how important it is to do this constantly especially if we are trying to improve our students' development.

I came across more material, resources, information, etc. and as usual a challenge regarding time distribution. But overall I enjoyed exchanging comments and opinions and interacting with the rest of you guys.

Have a Great Weekend and continue with more enthusiasm!






2 comments:

  1. Dear Sergio,

    Thank you for introducing me to your group on Facebook. I wanted to try and ask all the other teachers from Webskills course to participate.

    Please visit this new blog I have created and leave your comment on the idea

    http://webskillswriteenglish.blogspot.com/

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sergio,

    Nice blog post! I can see you are enjoying this e-course too.
    I admire your work on trying a new technique in your lesson and seen a difference.
    Also,you found an interesting website that you liked and willing to try it.
    Even though you are one of the very few do lesson planning it's true that it helps a lot. It's almost like our guide :)

    Gluck,
    Anar

    ReplyDelete