Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 6: Creating Student-centered Classes and Interactive PowerPoint

The activities this week made me feel proud and satisfied with the results I am having with my students. I try to apply everything I learn here in class and I try to evaluate the result afterwards. I think my students really like these new changes. They are becoming more interested in all these new resources they have and this benefits not only my but them as well.

This week I started by reading the material regarding "Making Classrooms More Interactive" which I agree and I think it's the focus of this course. I thought to myself "This is why I got into this course in the first place". I understood many new things, like the fact that students feel more bored and unmotivated in class due to the lack of interaction with the teachers. The reading material from the http://tep.uoregon.edu/resources/largeclasses/usingtechnology.html website was really interesting. I really related to many aspects they mentioned and I felt that I'm not the only one, nor is my school the only place where we are encountering these problems. I'm really looking forward to the following readings.

Then I went on to making my power point presentation which was also great, because I learned new things (Hyperlinks) and I was happy to know that the things I focus on during a lecture or presentation are the appropriate ones according to the reading material. I go to seminars and congresses all the time and I was able to notice these mentioned aspects in all the places and events I've been, so as a conclusion I was really able to relate with most of these problem often presented and with the lack of knowledge that many colleagues possess, mainly because unlike me, they had never had the opportunity to learn what I have and what I'm learning now.

Finally I put my project plan / Technology Related Change into motion. And  as I mentioned in the previews post, IT WAS FANTASTIC. I still have some parts to finish and some resources to try but I could see the difference in their faces which made me very happy. I found a new way to interact with them and understand their need in a more accurate way.

I wish I can continue surprising myself and my students in class. I'm really thankful with the U. S. State Department and the U. S. Embassy in my county for trusting me and giving me the opportunity to learn all these things. I really just expect to transmit my knowledge with my colleagues soon and let them know about all the resources available and often easy to access.

GREETINGS AND BEST WISHES FROM BOLIVIA!!!




1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic weekly reflection, Sergio!

    I'm happy to know that you are putting to practice all that you're learning from the Webskills course. It's wonderful that both you and your students are benefitting. I believe the more that you do and try, and continue to reflect and evaluate, the better of a learning environment you will create for your students.

    I appreciate your expression of gratitude to the U.S. Department of State. We're fortunate that they are willing to provide this opportunity.

    All the Best!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete