Sunday, November 9, 2014

WEEK 5 - PBL, Rubrics, Alternative Assessment and WebQuests!

A WONDERFUL WEEK EXPERIENCE

This week, finding a new way to work in the classroom, became something real.

I found myself reading a lot about these topics and at first I thought it wasn't going to be useful because I have already used some of them in the past, but after reading the articles and visiting the websites, I opened my eyes and realized "I could have don it better".

First reinforcing my thoughts on the usage of rubrics made me realize how incredible effective they are if they are used correctly, and the alternative assessment article showed me and my students that the process of evaluation can also be improved and we can all enjoy the ride without worrying only on our final result, because effectively they will learn the purpose of the class.

Then creating my rubric online and being able to share it with others gave me the chance to understand how well and clear all your parameters have to be in order to have successful results with your students. Better and clearer rubrics equal better and improved students. This is what we in soccer call "a goaaaaal!" when we do something right.

Starting with using WebQuests for the very first time, I was able to learn how clear the learning process can become for students with such am easy, user-friendly, integrating tool. I was amazed on how well we can accomplish results if we follow the steps in creating a WebQuest appropriately. Some parts of it were confusing at first but then I got it and I was able to create my own always following rules and focusing on the best resources available.

And finally being able to understand better a possible solution for my problem was satisfying, mainly because I now have a tool available for addressing lack of motivation and peer work cooperation in my students. I will continue learning and learning everyday, and probably my mind will change, but I feel happy so far with WebQuests as my potential problem solving tool.

Wish you the best as usual and hope to get your feedback and comments soon.

Greeting From Lovely Oruro City, Bolivia. The Capital of my country's Cultural Heritage"

Carnival dance called "Pujllay", participating in the first rehearsal dance for the 2015 Carnival of Oruro. Nov/09/2014 - 3:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment